Natural Stones have come along with the evolution of mankind. From the very beginning of man making homes to live, natural stones have always been the shelter givers. From the very first house to the architectural marvels of the world, the Taj Mahal, Machu Pichu, the Leaning Tower of Pisa each of these architectural greats has natural stones used to make them.
Natural Stones have been the preference for interior and exterior decorations for thousands of years. The reason for the choices of these materials go beyond aesthetics, the natural stones are extremely waterproof, hygienic and poorly reactive. They keep away the bacteria with natural cleaning agents. One such stone that is turning head around is the Indonesian Natural Stone. Here are the reasons why one should opt for Indonesian Natural stones over Tiles.
- FINISH – When it comes to tiles there are very limited options of the surface finish that one might like, but with the Indonesian Natural stones, you name the finish and you will have it. Refined, sharpened, vintage, all you need to do is to ask for the kind of finish that is required, which suits your décor, or your mood, or your lifestyle. You have different finishes for different floors, porches, slabs e.t.c.
- Color – Tiles are artificially colored, and that fades off with time. Also, all that you can do with tiles is to get them cleaned time and again, and then finally you will have to replace them as the lacquer of the color fades out. With the Indonesian Natural stones, it is a different case altogether. These stones come with a wide variety of colors, Marbles and Granites start from Light Brown and go till black, the marbles can be pure white. Natural Greens and Reds are also available.
- USAGE – Unlike tiles, the Indonesian Natural Stones are very hard. By hardness, we mean that the surface of the material will resist any scratches. Granite for example from the Indonesian Natural Stone Family has the highest hardness, which means it is the most Anti-Scratch material in the family and then becomes a great choice for tabletops or kitchen slabs.
- MAINTENANCE – Tiles are a very high maintenance material when compared to stone, and breaking or cracking a tile is a probability much higher than breaking or cracking a stone. Also, the tiles will have to be filled with Plaster of Paris or likewise materials. These materials if not cleaned regularly will add to the dust accumulating in them, thus creating a black, bad looking tile border.
- ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES – If some-one is considering underfloor heating for their floor than stones will always be the first preference, Stones are very good heat conductors when compared to tiles and will lead to lesser loses of electricity and heat, therefore making the overall system more efficient.
Considering the above-listed points, the Indonesian floor tiles make up a better choice for your home or office. The rigidity towards weather and maintenance will always give the Indonesian Natural Stones a slight lead over Tiles. Make sure you have got amazing quality Indonesian natural stones installed with the help of reliable sources like Batavia Tile.