Despite the availability of plenty of synthetic tile options, homeowners are considering the option of nature. On the question of tiles, many people think about huge natural stone tiles like – marbles, granite or slate. Though, there is another option provided by nature and which is not only economical but it is considered as more striking considered to others. And that option is natural stone pebble tile also known as pebble mosaic tiles.
What is pebble tile?
As implied by its name pebble tiles are tiles that are made up from small pebbles and stones. The pebble tiles generally come from the islands of Indonesia like – Bali, java and other places. Extracted from the base of the mountains on island and then they are divided on the basis of color, thickness and size.
There are several incredible features of pebble tile that make them popular among the homeowners. The vide variety and color options has contributed in its more popularity. Actually, because of so many options available the task of choosing the one is quite difficult to inform you about natural stone pebble tile and help you in choosing the right one here are 6 things that will help you in your task –
- Natural stone with striking looks – the most incredible things about natural pebble tile it that it brings nature into your with striking looks. It will give you feel of nature with perfect look at an economical price. And also every single tile is composed of its own unique stones which mean that every single tile is unique. When you get them installed you will get natural mosaic of pebble tiles which will all be of a little different sizes, diverse shapes and shades.
- Different styles – basically, pebble tiles can be found in 3 styles. The first one is basic or standard tile composed of natural pebble- uncut or round. The second one is sliced pebble tiles it is modification of first one. They have been cut or sliced so they are flat and completely leveled. And the third one is standing pebble tile and also known as stacked stone or stacked pebble tile. All the three styles are provided with two options – polished or unpolished.
- Versatility – natural pebble tiles are highly versatile unlike others. Standard and sliced pebble tiles both are used for walls and floor, standing pebble tile is basically always used for wall jobs.
- Durable – durability is the things what makes homeowners to install them. Pebble tiles can stand against foot traffic, rain, wind and running water as these pebble tiles are basically originate from the beaches and rivers they have become used to mistreatment from nature and can withstand anything.
- Comfortable – pebbles tiles beneath your feet will give you feels of massage. But if you done like the ides you can always go for more flat option – sliced pebble tiles.
- Easy to clean – pebble tiles are easy to clean and maintain. It can be done by normal method of cleaning using a gentle cleaning chemical. It is always advised to use sealer before installing pebble tiles as it will protect the tiles.